I’ve played with Explauto’s sensorimotor models and written some code to handle basic hierarchies of sensorimotor models (see the doc of my internship here for more details).
After discussing with @Pierre, it seems that a module (being part of Explauto or standalone) to properly handle the different sensorimotor models could be beneficial for us.
The main features we see are the following:
- A way to easily configure the sensorimotor models and how they are connected,
- Mechanisms to properly handle the flow of information in the graph of the different models,
Another interesting feature would be some sort of GUI to
- Configure the different models and their connections,
- Visualize the flow of information between the models (e.g. in a step by step debug, or replay mode),
- Allow interaction possibilities:
- click on a sensori space to set a sensori goal,
- click to give human social feedback,
- visualize the points explored in a given space (1D, 2D, 2D projections of more dimensional spaces),
- choose a point to be replayed on the corresponding simulator or robot.
The graph of models (or hierarchy of tasks) should be a Directed Acyclic Graph, and it should be possible to dynamically add a node (for the agent, and eventually for the human to impose or advise new tasks).
The interface could be web-based.
What do you think about the idea ?
Do you know existing piece of software that might be related to what we want ?