Aim and Scope:
The CDS Task Force on Action and Perception is primarily concerned with developmental processes as well as learning and representation of action and perception in humans and artificial agents, including action-perception cycle, active perception, sensory-motor learning. Members of this task force observe behavioral data of human and animals, construct basic mathematical models or synthetic computational models, and perform synthetic robotics experiments based on those models in order explore the underlying mechanisms of action and perception.
Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing,
University of Surrey, UK.
- Jochen Triesch organised a workshop on Computational Models of Infant Development, before the International Congress on Infant Studies (ICIS), on the 2nd of July 2014, in Berlin.
- Justus Piater and Tamim Asfour organised a workshop on Learning Reusable Concepts in Robotics at R:SS on the 16th of July 2015 in Rome.
- Nicolas Pugeault organised a BMVA workshop on Context Aware Cognitive Systems on the 17th of July 2015 in London.
- Erol Sahin and Ehran Oztop are involved in organising the International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), 27-31st of July 2015, in Istanbul.
- Jun Tani provided a tutorial on Compositionality and Self-Organisation in Cognitive Brains: Neuro-robotics Study, at Interdisciplinary College (IK) 2015, on March 11-13, 2015 in Günne, Germany.
- Jun Tani provided a tutorial on Compositionality and Self-Organisation in Cognitive Minds: Lessons from Neuro-robotics Experimental Studies, at IJCNN on the 12th of July 2015, in Killarney, Ireland.
Jochen Triesch organized the Computational Models of Infant Development ICIS 2014 Pre-Conference, on July 02, 2014,
Justus Piater gave a talk as invited speaker at the workshop on Human versus Robot Grasping and Manipulation—How Can We Close the Gap? atRSS July 12, 2014, at UC Berkeley.
Justus Piater co-organized the IROS Workshop on Robots in Clutter: Perception and Interaction in Clutter in Chicago, September 18, 2014
Erol Sahin co-organized the IROS Workshop on Robot Manipulation: What has been achieved and what remains to be done? in Chicago, September 14, 2014
Erol Sahin acted as the Program Chair for the ICDL/EpiRob 2014 in Genoa.
Jun Tani and Giorgio Metta assisted organization of ICDL 2013 in Osaka as co-program chairs.
Jun Tani provided a tutorial of “Action-Perception Cycles: Neuro-Dynamic Modeling and Robotics Experiments”in ICDL 2013 in Osaka.
Ali Salah and his colleagues are organizing a special issue at IEEE Trans. AMD Behavior Understanding and Developmental Robotics.
Erhan Oztop and colleagues organized a workshop on “Neuroscience and Robotics Towards a robot-enabled, neuroscience-guided healthy society“in IROS 2013 in Tokyo.